Book Review: Have You Filled a Bucket Today? A Guide To Daily Happiness For Kids


Author: Carol McCloud
Illustrated by David Messing
Interest Level: K-5

From the Book Jacket: Through simple prose and vivid illustrations, this heartwarming book encourages positive behavior as children see how rewarding it is to express daily kindness, appreciation, and love. Bucket filling and dipping are effective metaphors for understanding the effects of our actions and words on the well being of others and ourselves.

Why It's On My Bookshelf: This simple little metaphor gets kids talking about their 'buckets' (happy feelings) like crazy! And it's absolutely why I love it. It's also the reason I chose it as my first blog post. Have You Filled A Bucket Today? is my all time favorite book to use with children. It's a beautiful way to communicate with kids. I've had parents ask me over the years, "Just what is a bucket?" I get asked about it because kids use the language at home. Hint....if you are a parent, get this book! Check out bucket fillers to get turned on to this beautiful book and concept.

A Link To This Book and Others You Might Find Helpful:

No comments