Book Review: Panda Kindergarten

Author: Joanne Ryder
Photos by Dr Katherine Feng
Interest Level: Kindergarten or younger

From the Book Jacket: School is in session! But this is no ordinary kindergarten class. Meet sixteen young giant panda cubs at the China Conservation and Research Center for the Giant Panda at the Wolong Nature Preserve. The cubs are raised together form infancy in a protected setting, where they grow strong. Under the watchful eyes of the scientists and workers, the cubs learn skills that will help prepare them to be released into the wild. Follow a day in the life of the cubs with Joanne Ryder's spare and simple text and full-color photographs.

Why It's On My Bookshelf: O.M.G. Adorable. I was waltzing through my local library last spring returning my books, like the good citizen that I am, when I spotted a potential gem titled.....Panda Kindergarten!!!! Don't you just love when a possible AMAZING read is just staring you down off the shelf! First, kids love pandas(or any animal for that matter). And second, I totally heart kindies! I only wish I had found it in the fall to share at the beginning of the year. Panda Kindergarten was definitely a hit. The kids thought it was so cute that a bunch of pandas were also having a kindergarten experience. Lots of ooohs, awes, and giggles were going on as we read about the panda cubs going about their daily school routine. If you are looking for a fun beginning of the year theme or a way to ease kindergarten anxiety....check this one out!

I had to include this picture of one of the panda cub's playing on the playground because it busted me up laughing and the kids loved it!

Recess at Panda Kindergarten!
A Link to This Book:

No comments