Book Review: Daisy's Big Dig

Author/Illustrator: Angie Morgan
Interest Level: Ages 4 and Up

From the Book Jacket: The people in Daisy's street never EVER talk to each other. But when old Mr. Hofmeister needs help in his garden, Daisy comes up with a brilliant plan to bring everyone together - a Digging Party. Will all the neighbors come, and could there be hidden treasure too?

Why It's on My Bookshelf: I'm already thinking about books for the fall. This is a great book to teach kids about community and when we build it how positive the results are for everyone. If you have a community garden at your school - then you are REALLY going to love this sweet story. I notice a lot of teachers creating beautiful community anchor charts with their classes in the beginning of the year - definitely consider adding Daisy's Big Dig to the lesson.

A Link to This Book and Others That Might be Helpful: 



1 comment

  1. Hi Roxanne!

    I just found your blog, and it is just what I'm looking for! I'm not a counselor or therapist, but I am a mom of 6 year-old twins who love to read and who love to be read to. I'm a former elementary school teacher as well, and I love using the right book as a spring board for a rich discussion. I began scrolling through your reviews, and I'm excited to read some of these books with my kids.

    I admire your incredible project of writing a book about adoption that will be illustrated by your birth mom. Do you know when it will be released?

    I'm looking forward to reading your future posts. I hope your summer is off to a good start!

    Smiles,
    Abbey

    ReplyDelete