Book Review: My Dream Playground

Author: Kate M. Becker
Illustrator: Jed Henry
Interest Level: Ages 4 and Up
My Dream Playground Website: www.kaboom.org

From the Book Jacket: Now there is just an empty lot down the street, but this little girl dreams that one day there will be a playground - a real playground, a fun playground - right in her own neighborhood. When she sees a man measuring the empty lot, she is sure that he is there to help make her playground dream come true. And he is!

Inspired by the real story of the first ever playground built by KaBOOM!, a national nonprofit that has helped build more than two thousand playspaces across the country, here is the story of how a determined young girl, with the help of her family, friends, and community, makes her dream of a playground in her own neighborhood a reality. 

Why It's On My Bookshelf: "I know that someday my dream is going to come true." I loved reading those words. This story is a great example of having a goal, being passionate about it, and most important - believing it's going to happen. My Dream Playground has really hit the mark in these areas. At first I thought this was going to be a simple story about building a playground - it's got much more to it though. If you want to make awesome things happen in your life - then get out there and do it. A message like this often inspires students to think about their own goals and dreams. Can't wait to hear them!

A Link to This Book: 

No comments