Being the Best Me! Series

Be Positive!
A sense of optimism is a key ingredient to success in life. Guide young children to develop a positive outlook and discover how the choices they make can lead to feeling happy and capable. This friendly, encouraging book introduces preschool and primary-age children to ways of thinking and acting that will help them feel good about themselves and their lives, stay on course when things don't go their way, and contribute to other people's happiness. 















Feel Confident!
Empower children to recognize their individual worth and develop confidence in themselves, their abilities, and the choices they make. Children learn that they can speak up, expect and show respect, try new things, and believe in themselves. Confidence-building skills of accepting yourself, asking for what you need, making decisions, solving problems, and communicating are also discussed. Young children will respond to the true-to-life situations and colorful illustrations. 

Why They Are On My Bookshelf:  These are wonderful! They are uplifting and build self-esteem. The illustrations depict kids in situations where they are trying something new, helping someone, figuring out a problem, or expressing themselves in a positive manner. They feel like bucket filling books.  Great fit for preschool/kindergarten kids. 

Let me share some of the words from the books. 

From Be Positive:
I can choose to be positive
I can decide to think happy thoughts about people and things around me. 
Doing something nice for someone can help me feel happy faster than anything else. 
Things won't always go the way I want, but I can keep trying. 
Even when something seems bad, I can learn from it of find some good in it. 

From Feel Confident: 
I can choose to think confident thoughts. (do my best, be brave, believe, dare, learn, trust, imagine, keep trying, I can do it)
When there is a problem, I can try to do something about it, or ask for help. 
I believe that I can do hard things. 
I'm able to speak up and tell people how I feel and what I want.  

Excited to have these as a counselor but also looking forward to sharing them with my daughter. 


A Link to These Books:  


  You can also find them at Free Spirit Publishing 

No comments