Book Review: In My Heart - A Book of Feelings

Author: Jo Witek
Illustrator: Christine Roussey
Interest Level: Ages 3 and Up

From the Book Jacket: Sometimes my heart feels like a big yellow star, shiny and bright. I smile from ear to ear and twirl around so fast, I feel as if I could take off into the sky. This is when my heart is happy. This book is a vibrant celebration of feelings, in all their shapes and sizes. 

Feelings Covered: Happy, Brave, Mad, Calm, Broken, Sad, Hopeful, Afraid, Silly, Shy, Proud

Why It's On My Bookshelf: Next year my goal is to run more social skills groups around identifying feelings. So I've been on the hunt for great reads in this area. I want to help kids create their own books on emotions during our group. In My Heart is a super cool one. There is a heart cutout through the whole book. I also like the feelings covered because they are so appropriate for my kindergarten groups. 



A Link to This Book and Others You Might Find Helpful: 

1 comment

  1. I bought this book a couple of months ago, it's really beautiful. I was about to start 9 weeks of teacher training in a Kindergarten class and I thought it would come in handy. I often use your blog to look up books by topic, it's really useful.

    I've recently discovered Australian author Aaron Blabey. All his books have a message but they're also funny and rhyme.

    ReplyDelete