Book Review: What Happens When A Loved One Dies? Our First Talk About Death

Author: Dr. Jillian Roberts
Illustrator: Cindy Revell
Interest Level: Ages 4 and Up
Book Series: Just Enough Series

From the Book Jacket: It can be difficult to know how to talk with children about death, whether they are experiencing grief and loss for the first time, or simply curious. Child Psychologist Dr. Jillian Roberts created the Just Enough series to empower parents and caregivers to start conversations with little ones about challenging subject matter. 

Why It's On My Bookshelf: Kids have a lot of questions about death and dying. I thought this was a really informative book to help give children real answers and also comfort. 

Questions asked: What does death mean? Do people die too? What happens when someone dies? What happens to the person who has died? Where does that person go? What is a soul? Where does the soul go after a person dies? What is the afterlife? Will I ever see the person I love again? Why do I feel so sad? What can I do to feel better?

So happy to have this new recommendation for parents and children. 

A Link to This Book and Others You Might Find Helpful:

1 comment