Book Review: Take the Time - Mindfulness for Kids

Author/Illustrator: Take the Time - Mindfulness for Kids
Interest Level: Ages 5 and Up

From the Book Jacket: With gentle rhythms and soothing imagery, Take the Time, guides kids toward self-awareness and mindfulness. The book encourages children to slow down and become deliberate with their day-to-day actions and thoughts. And when any old day feels topsy-turvy, mindfulness tools may help your child calm down and feel better. 

Why It's On My Bookshelf: I discovered this book from a really neat school counseling blog called The School Counselor Kind. Check it out here. I have been looking for a book to use with my third though fifth graders and this seems to be a perfect fit. At first I was worried it might be too young of a book for my upper grades but after seeing the activity posted on Kayla's blog, I knew it was a perfect fit. I liked the message of teaching kids to take the time to get yourself back together when things fall apart and to also think before you "blurt out" or "tell a secret." Two thumbs up!

A Link to This Book and Others You Might Find Helpful:

No comments