Book Review: The Social Butterfly

Author: Beth Bracken
Illustrator: Sofia Cardoso

From the Book Jacket: Charlotte loves talking, singing, and playing. What Charlotte doesn’t love is sitting still, being quiet, and listening, which is a big problem at school. Charlotte's overly social ways interfere with her friendships and her learning. Will Charlotte be able to modify her behavior and learn when to be social and when to be quiet? A sweet and relatable picture book story that shines a light on social behaviors.

Why It's On My Bookshelf: Helping kids develop self control is a big part of what I do. It is hard to sit still!! So when I find great resources like this I am ecstatic. I rely on My Mouth is a Volcano by Julia Cook when I teach active listening skills which is a great resource. But it's also nice to now have a story about the same problem behavior that shows a female character. If you are looking for a good book to help your talkers and strengthen classroom management - this is an awesome one. 

A Link to This Book and Others You Might Find Helpful:

No comments