Book Review: I Believe in You

Author/Illustrator: Marianne Richmond
Interest Level: Ages 4 and Up
Publisher: Sourcebooks

From the Book Jacket: I Believe in You explores the powerful feeling in every parent's heart as you watch a child take on the big job of growing up. This inspiring and meaningful book puts into words the little moments that reveal just how much you believe in them, no matter what life throws their way.

Growing up is a roller coaster ride of emotion and adventure, asking a child to show self-confidence and courage that they may not know they have. Showing you will be by their side can mean the world to them and give them the strength they often so desperately need.

Why It's On My Bookshelf: As I move closer to the arrival of my due date. I am very drawn to books with the message of unconditional love. Using positive affirming language is very important to me as a parent. I Believe in You is perfect for our family bookshelf. It's the kind of story that helps your child feel supported and loved.
I love the first illustration. 
The baby is wearing a post it note that says "To Do: Be the Best You Can Be!"

You'll love every line. Nothing in it is cheesy and I can imagine children feeling really built up and strong after reading this with a parent. I'm hoping it becomes a favorite on my daughter's bookshelf. More than anything, I can't wait to watch her grow into a wonderful person - and as a parent I love the support from all of these lovely book finds.

A Link to This Book:

No comments