Book Review: Lacey Walker, Nonstop Talker

Author: Christianne Jones
Illustrated by Richard Watson
Interest Level: K-3

About This Book: Lacey Walker loves to talk. She talks all day, and sometimes all night. But when she loses her voice, Lacey learns the importance of listening.

Why It's On My Bookshelf: Even though the school year is wrapping up, I am already plotting and planning my lessons for the fall. I've got my great standby books ready to go but I also just got some new ones to teach beginning of the year school skills. Lacy Walker, Nonstop Talker (the title rocks) is going to be one of my new heavy hitters for teaching listening. We have some major nonstop talkers (can't wait to introduce those two words!) in some of our classrooms. I know you understand exactly what I am talking about. The kids who just won't stop the chatter. 

This is a unique story about listening because Lacey loses her voice. She realizes all her nonstop talking causes her to miss out on everything. Her silence forces her to be a listener. And what do you know....lots of positive stuff happens. Great lesson in this one. Can't wait for our chatter boxes to LISTEN to this book.

A Link To This Book and Others You Might Find Helpful:

4 comments

  1. Thanks for the lead on what looks to be another awesome find! You're the BEST book scout.

    How's that precious girl?

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back at ya Barb!! I love reading your blog and book recommendations.

    Little lady is wonderful! Upcoming post on her soon!! Just got a great board book series on manners for her that I'll blog about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just discovered your blog and love the review of children's books. What I really love is your format for each review and how you simply state in a few categories what you need to say. I have a nonstop talker - my 13 yr old son and I really need to read this book. You have reviewed several books that I need to add to my library and use this next year for the preschool girls I keep. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for telling us about this book! I love all your book reviews and found many that I will use this fall when I get back to my Kindergarten class. I've wanted ways to explain some of these exact concepts! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete