Book Review: Good Morning Yoga - a pose-by-pose wake up story


Author: Mariam Gates
Illustrator: Sarah Jane Hinder
Interest Level: Ages 4 and Up

From the Book Jacket: Calm and awake, "I can do this!" is all I need to say. A deep breath in, a long breath out - I am ready for the day! This "wake up" story is so much more than a story. It's a practice for kids and parents to greet the morning with joy and embark on their daily adventures with intention and confidence. Turn the page and reach up to the sky, press your feet into the earth, and get ready for a great day!





Why It's On My Bookshelf: We already own Good Night Yoga so we were happily surprised to see a new edition. My daughter learned twelve new poses and I love the continued emphasis on taking deep breaths. Our favorite thing about the book is the visualization story called 'How I Want to Feel Today.' I can see an absolute difference in behavior when we use these books. They are empowering, interactive, and teaches yoga in a fun way. It's been a wonderful way to get ready for our day. 

A Link to This Book and Others You Might Find Helpful:

No comments